SY Gold course objectives for young people
To improve the vocational preparation of young people by supporting:
- Self development
- Digital presence
By the end of the process (intervention? course?) participants will be able to:
- explain the concept of digital vocational biographies / narratives (??), say how creating one could be useful to them and list some of the ways they could use them.
- explore their own learning history and identify those events, activities, skills and learning processes that they want to illustrate and capture
- identify ways in which they can record these experiences and list some of the media they could use.
- Use the platform and discuss its functionality, potential and usefulness and customise it for their own use
- Describe the key features of writing and telling a story and construct their own narrative
- Take photographs using a digital camera, manipulate an image, store and share pictures
- Use audio equipment and software to create a recording, edit a recording and publish it on the platform and elsewhere
- Use video equipment and software to create, edit and publish a video on the platform and elsewhere.
- Present content to camera and mic in a way which enhances the content
- Write text appropriate for a web site including adding hyperlinks
- Identify, explore and use other social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linked In etc. and say how they could be useful (or not) to them.
- Explore a variety of other graphic techniques, apps and processes which they can use to create content e.g using internet radio, creating animations using stop motion, using different presentation software etc
- Make informed decisions about issues to do with privacy, sharing, publishing etc
- Discuss the concept of digital footprints, manage their online identity appropriately and discuss the implications of some of their decisions
- State and comply with the laws on copyright, use Creative Commons licensing and be able to use and select open content music, video and images.
- Evaluate the programme and identify what they have learned and how they will use it.