Getting started – a suggestion of delivery
Objectives of the unit/module/scenario:
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe what are digital vocational biographies / narratives and their benefits
- Look into other examples as inspirational material
- Posting on the MyDigital self platform
- Assessing their own strengths and needs in terms of multimedia vocational biography
- Comparing different media and file types that can be uploaded to platform
- Deciding the things they want to highlight
Time of the scenario: 2-4 hours
Activities & methods:
Activity 1 – get to know each other: cocktail party
Objective of this activity is to introduce participants to each other and break the ice.
Time: 30 min
- A flipchart
- Flipchart paper
- Coloured stickers
- Write all the names of participants on a FC Paper
- Give participants different coloured stickers
- Ask them to imagine they are at a party meeting new people and their objective is to meet as many people as possible and chat. They have to find out things they have in common. For each think found in common with that person he should stick a sticker on the flipchart next to that persons name.
- Stop the exercice the moment you thing it’s the right time.
Brief of the activity (tips for trainer):
- you can ask them what they have found out about others. What the flipchart shows (the communaulity). How did they feel? Is anything they want to share from this exercice?
Activity 2 – what are digital narratives?
Objective: Describe what are digital vocational biographies / narratives
Time: 10 mins
- Powerpoint presentation
Present the ppt!
Activity 3 – why creating a digital narrative?
Objective: highlight the benefits of digital narratives
Time: 30 mins
- examples of written CV’s & application letters
- examples of digital narratives
- split the group into small groups of 3-4 people
- show them several examples of methods of presenting yourself from a Written CV and application letter, a more creative type of CV, and digital narratives (that you find on show your gold website)
- give every example a number and ask them in groups to give a mark to each example in terms of impact
You can open a discussion on why do they think some examples have more impact than others. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each example?