The project aims to develop a European concept for consultancy, including course design and its’ application, in order to enable young, unemployed people to display their ‘vocational biography’. It intends to encourage self-awareness of young people, fostering competencies for approaching the labour market. This is realized by producing a digital narrative for learning using digital media, to be provided online, visualizing the learning history of the past, vocational and educational experiences, informally and formally acquired skills. Within the framework of the project, both a digital narrative for learning as well as the consultancy offered for the participants of vocational preparation will be developed in the form of a scientifically accompanied series of workshops. The workshops will be developed and realized with young people in the 6 countries and evaluated.
· Co-ordinator: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Institute of Vocational Education and General Education and Training (Dr. Daniela Reimann, Prof. Dr. Martin Fischer)
· Instituto Politécnico de Beja, Art and Multimedia Laboratory, Education faculty, Beja, Portugal (Prof. Dr. Aldo Passarinho, Prof. Tiago Caldes)
· PONTYDYSGU LTD, The Bridge To Learning, Wales, U.K. (Graham Attwell, Dr. Jenny Hughes, Dirk Stieglitz, Angela Rees)
· SC AxA Consulting 99 SRL, a consultancy and training company providing high quality skills training programmes for corporate and industrial clients. (Liliana Voicu, Kristina Radu), Bucarest, Romania
· UNIVERSITAT DE BARCELONA, Cultural Pedagogies, Faculty of Fine Arts, Esbrina Research Group, Subjectivitats i Entorns Educatius Contemporan, dedicated to the study of the conditions and current changes in education in a world mediated by digital technologies and visual culture. (Prof. Dr. Fernando Hernandez, Prof. Dr. Juana Sancho-Gill)
· Zavod NEFIKS Institut za promocijo in belezenje neformalno pridobljenega znanja, aims to educate young people in different fields, persuading employers to consider non-formal education as a reference when getting a job. Ljubljana, Slovenia (Alenka Blazinšek)
The project intends to make young unemployed people set up, reflect and visualize their individual vocational and educational biography, actively producing a digital narrative for learning, available on a Web-based multimedia environment. Formally and informally acquired skills and competencies are visualized using a particular type of online portfolio developed in the project (by the partner PONTYDYSGU LTD). Within the framework of the project, both the Web-based multimedia environment as well as the consultancy of young people will be developed in the form of an accompanied series of workshops offered in each of the participating countries.
In the project, a consultancy concept with a specific scope of courses offered for the generation and reflection of appropriate media formats, such as video and digital media. Further interviews with the trainees and skilled workers of a branch, including images of their own work pieces and projects are to be provided.
The research design is based on several distinct research strategies:
1. A desk study (analysis, literature review) of the situation of vocational preparation organised and embedded in the VET system and the employment situation of young people in the partner countries. This is necessary in that no studies are at present available on the analysis of the integration of the concept of vocational biography design in vocational preparation in the participating countries;
2. The development of the course (curriculum design) and
3. its’ application in vocational preparation, followed by
4. a set of in-depth group interviews and surveys with the social actors involved, such as trainees and trainers, accompanied by a series of transnational work meetings.
The results of the project will be clearly spelled out to be easily circulated and disseminated via an International Youth Panel and social media in order to enhance their usability within the policy making process. The project aims to support EU and national policy makers for what concerns the development & implementation of new VET related policies towards a European concept of successful vocational biography design.